TIPS FOR HEALTHY HEART & YOUR WELLNESS
When it comes to heart health, prevention is your best bet. If you are looking for a way to kick start your heart-healthy lifestyle, look at your diet. The food you eat has an impact on your heart and unhealthy eating, coupled with a sedentary lifestyle can damage your health.
- Try to lose weight if you are above your ideal This should be a gradual process, so avoid any fat diets or quick weight loss methods.
- Quality of fat is more important than quantity. Along with reducing the quantity emphasize on omega 3 fats in the diet; this can be done in the form of adding flaxseeds and fish.
- Avoid consumption of margarine, oily or fried foods, red meat, and sweet preparations like cakes, pastries, margarine and carbonated drinks.
- Foods high in magnesium helps to protect heart, include foods such as broccoli, potatoes, spinach, and wheat germ.
- Include at least 8-9 servings of fresh fruits and vegetables in a day’s diet and 1 serving of green leafy vegetable daily.
- Avoid taking any kind of stress or strain may it be physical or psychological.
**small frequent meal.
- Diet with small frequent meals, to avoid any strain on the heart
- Diet rich in mufa and pufa, and low in sfa
- A diet plan low in sodium content.
- A high fiber diet is recommended.
DO’S AND DON’T’S TO BE FOLLOWED:
Normal intake of protein per day should 50 – 60 gms
– avoid animal fat, pork, beef, meat, fats, dairy product like cream butter, ghee
– avoid carbohydrates since they responsible for endogenous synthesis of cholesterol and triglycerides
– reduce calories. excess of them gives rise to obesity and obesity burdens the heart
– use nicotinc acid since it aids in reduction of lipids in blood
– adequate potassium and calcium in blood are required to prevent arrhythmia
– smoking and alcohol should be restricted
– daily intake of salt should not be more than 2-3 gms
– take food three hours before going to sleep
– take enough of roughage in the form of salads
– take adequate amount of garlic and ginger. garlic lowers the cholesterol levels and ginger reduces the blood clots
– have a gentle morning walk of up to 2-3 km everyday
– avoid hostile lifestyle
– consult an expert yoga master to learn shawasana and practice it daily
**You Can Improve Your Lifestyle In The Following Ways:
- Quit smoking because cigarette smoking alone increases the risk of heart attack a lot.
- Ayurveda asks us to exercise regularly because exercise improves the body by reducing the excess fats.
- Be calm and composed. Try not to be If you are cool then it helps a lot in checking your high blood pressure.
- Take low calorie vegetarian foods.
- Laughter is the best It is a relaxation therapy and it helps to overcome stress. It really helps you if you have high blood pressure.
- Avoid drinking coffee. Coffee contains caffeine which may increase the blood pressure level in an individual.
- Love and show affection to If you do this it will really help in dropping your blood pressure, further reducing the risk of heart problems.
- Practice meditation, yoga and asana like shavasana.
OTHER AYURVEDIC METHODS
- Mix garlic with butter milk and drink it twice daily. Garlic is very essential in alleviating heart problems by controlling blood pressure.
- Dip fenugreek in water and keep it over night and chew them in the morning in empty This will help in reducing cholesterol and fats.
- Terminalia arjuna and jaharmorha are the ayurvedic drugs that help in the cardio vascular treatment
Treatment diet chart for Cardiac Patient
NOTE: An all-fruit diet for three to five days, with three meals a day of fresh juicy fruits at five-hourly intervals and use warm water enema to cleanse the bowels.
Thereafter, adopt a well-balanced diet on the following lines:
- Upon arising:A glass of lukewarm water with half a freshly squeezed lime and a teaspoon of honey.
- Breakfast:Fresh fruits and skimmed milk, sweetened with honey.
- Lunch:A bowl of freshly prepared steamed vegetables, two or three whole-wheat wheat tortilla and a glass of buttermilk.
- Mid-afternoon:Vegetable or fruit juice or coconut water.
- Dinner:Fresh green vegetables salad and sprouts with lemon juice dressing. Follow it by a hot course, if desired.
- Bedtime Snack:A glass of milk or one apple.
RULES FOR EATING
- Do not take water with meals, but half an hour before or an hour after a meal.
2. Eat slowly, chew your food thoroughly and never eat to full stomach.
3. Restrict the intake of salt.
4. Take liberally foods rich in vitamin E.
OTHER MEASURES (do this under medical supervision)
- Apply a hot compress on the left side of the neck for 30 minutes every alternate day and hot packs on the chest over the heart for one minute. Followed by cold pack for5minutes.
2. Practice yogic asanas like Shavasana, Vajrasana and gomekhasana.
3. Moderate exercise like walking.
4. Massage of the abdomen and upper back muscles once a week.
5. Fresh air and right mental attitude.
- Balancesbad to good cholesterol ratio.
- Helps manage high blood pressure.
- Helps relieve pain related to angina.
- Helps balance long-term stress on heart.
- Complements existing IHD medicines.
If you like the information on Nutrition, Fitness & Beauty then please share it with your friends and family. We’ve are on Twitter and Facebook share buttons on each post for your convenience. If you have a blog or website of your own, we will be pleased if you link and share our content too.